The past week has by far been the best of the pregnancy. I have been feeling the little peanut move around for a couple of weeks, but we got to experience the first kicks (or punches!) that both Jake and I could feel. It was amazing to not only see my belly growing, but to also feel the little movements of our babe. Every time is such a thrill!
I also told my first graders about the pregnancy this week. Their reactions were pretty funny and some of them decided to share their thoughts about what we should name it. They were more inclined toward boy names and some of my favorite suggestions were Jesus (as in God's son) and Whoopster. My other favorite comment was from a little boy as he was leaving for the day. He gave me a hug goodbye and said, "I hope you have your baby!" Sorry, buddy, but I hope not (yet)!
Then we were on the way to our 20 week ultrasound. While we have decided not to find out if it's a boy or girl, it was still exciting to actually see our little bundle! We had an ultrasound at 12 weeks in order to find the heartbeat and the growth since then is incredible. We watched in amazement as the clear image of a baby filled the screen. As the ultrasound technician moved around taking measurements, we were able to see a profile of the face, the heart beating, the stomach and bladder, the spine, bones in the arms and legs, a tiny footprint, the developing brain, and even the umbilical cord pumping blood to our baby. It was truly amazing.
I brought the pictures to school to share with my first graders and left them there so I will have to post those later!
No comments:
Post a Comment