Sunday, December 1, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree...

The Christmas season is upon us! For the first year ever, we put our tree and some decorations up before Thanksgiving. We have not stopped preparing for this most wonderful time of the year since!


Don't get me wrong, we didn't skip Thanksgiving - I continued the tradition (is 2 years a tradition?!) of running the Turkey Day 5K, then we watched some of the parade on TV, and ended with a delicious dinner and great conversation with the Olsons. It is hard not to reflect upon the many many blessings in our lives.


But, as much as I love Thanksgiving, I LOVE Christmas and everything that comes with it - the lights, the music, the decorations. I think Dax is following in my footsteps. He has been so overjoyed with every moment. He asks us to turn on the tree lights, carries around a santa figurine, oohed and aahed over the Santa's workshop display at Macy's downtown, requests Christmas tunes periodically, happily helped decorate cookies, and could hardly contain his excitement when I showed him the box of Christmas books he could choose from for bedtime stories this month. Pure joy. I don't know if it's better to be experiencing this season myself, or to be experiencing it through Dax's eyes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment