School is out! It was especially strange this year knowing that I was embarking upon stay-at-home-mom territory for not only the summer, but also next school year and the following summer. With Baby Girl due in September, we decided that it would be best for our family if I did a year leave rather than the typical 12 weeks for maternity. I am more than thrilled about the opportunity, but it was still strange packing up my classroom and saying goodbye to my kindergartners with the knowledge that I would not be seeing them as first graders.
Summer is just beginning, but Dax and I have been enjoying ourselves! Day 1 started off with a bang when we let Dax wear the underwear he had picked out on our last trip to Target. He was SO excited! Potty training is off to a great start and we are so proud of our big little boy.
 |
| He picked the Incredibles for day 1 |
Of course we spent time playing, too! The video shows him playing and singing along to an Okee Dokee Brothers song (though not one of his favorites - he struggled a bit with the words).
 |
| Sharing a yummy fruit and veggie smoothie |
We also started a new summer class - Dance and Play! Dax is excited to see his friends Cara and Bellamy every week and it was a great first class with a little ballet, some tumbling, and lots of movement.
.JPG) |
| Dax, Cara, and Bellamy |
.JPG) |
| Lifting and dropping their hula hoops |
.JPG) |
| Shaking their hips |
.JPG) |
| Bus drivers! |
With such a great start, we cannot wait to see what the rest of the summer will bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment