We're six weeks in to this life with two and so far so good. It's definitely hard and there have been a few overwhelming moments (as both the to do list and sleep deprivation are growing!), but overall it is delightful. I love all the time I get with both kiddos and we have a lot of fun. Here's a little peek at what our days are like...
Dax loves to play games, but often chooses ones that are not meant for kids. Instead of saying, "That's too hard," (which he doesn't agree with anyway), I find a way to make it toddler friendly. Scrabble becomes a letter naming game (with bonus fine motor practice in the travel version), Skip Bo is perfect for sorting numbers, the Smart Ass game board is fun for number recognition on the die and counting spaces to get to the middle, and Mastermind is fun for fine motor practice.
| Dax's version of Travel Scrabble |
![]() |
| Talking on his pinecone phone |
![]() |
| Fall is so fun! |
| Playing at the library |
![]() |
| Playing with Nolan |
| Super Dax and Super Anora |
| Asher and Ada came to play |
| Painting a fall tree with q tips... |
| ... or fingers. |
| Helping make pumpkin brownies (technically not art, but still a project!) |
| Play Doh is always a fun creative activity |
| Playing in the space ship we created |
Dax had a crumb on his shoulder from breakfast and I pointed it out to him, then picked it up and threw it in the garbage. He turned to me with a very concerned look and asked, "Is it my nipple?" No, buddy, those are safe.
Dax: Why don't I use my booster seat anymore?
Me: Because you're a big boy and you can reach the table without it now.
Dax: Oh. Because I have a big booty.
Dax: Does Addy drink from your tummy?
Me: No.
Dax: Oh, I mean from your nipple.
Me: Yes, it's special milk called breast milk.
Dax: Special milk like the flamingo [from a book he has].
Me: You're right, flamingoes and babies both drink special milk, but flamingoes don't drink breast milk.
Dax: Oh yeah, it's crop milk. (which is the right name from the book!)
Jake: Dax, you're a hoot and a half.
Dax: No, I'm two and a half.
Dax as a giant: Fee fi fo thumb
Dax: Mommy, is your back sore?
Jake: My back is sore.
Dax: Ok, I'll give you a back rub.
(a few minutes later Jake was going to get up to do something)
Dax: Daddy, you can't. I'm giving you a back rub like you requested!
Mostly Addy is just along for the ride at this point, but she's pretty go with the flow and we are always glad she's around.

.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment