Dax's celebrating started the day before his birthday this year with his daycare party. They decorated for him, had a special giant "cupcake" muffin for breakfast, cookies for snack, and got a big boy gift (scissors, glue, and a preschool dry erase book) from Denise. It was a special day for our special boy!
 |
| Dax got to choose the morning activity - Legos! |
 |
| Happy birthday buddy! |
Then, we were home for the big day. He woke up excited to be three and wanted to open his presents right away. He was thrilled with a new Lego set (tree house/lake house/farm house),
The Book With No Pictures, a new game (Cootie), and Despicable Me 2. We immediately had to open the Legos, played the game right after breakfast, and read the story 3 times before lunch. They were all a hit!
I made Dax a special breakfast and his favorite lunch - mac and cheese with chicken nuggets. He got a haircut in the afternoon, enjoyed himself at play class, and we ended his special day with a birthday dinner at Applebee's (because, in Dax's words, "It starts with Apple and has bees, which I don't like because they sting me, but they're not real bees, it's just the name.").
.JPG) |
| Bear toast for breakfast |
.JPG) |
| Birthday sundae |
Throughout the day I also completed a birthday interview with him that I hope to continue every year to build a memory book. I got the idea from Pinterest, but didn't love any of the versions so I made my own to document all of the things I wanted to be able to remember and compare.
 |
| Still need to choose a picture! |
We have his birthday party coming up in a few days and are excited to continue celebrating Dax and showing him how special he really is.
No comments:
Post a Comment