Monday, October 30, 2017

Out of the mouths of babes

Our kids are hilarious. I am so grateful to be able to spend many of my days with the two sweetest, silliest, most interesting people I know and I am regularly laughing with (and sometimes at) them. Jake periodically gets updates at work of moments that especially crack me up. As I was clearing out some old texts in my phone I came across a history of the past few months and laughed just as much as I did in these moments. I couldn't bring myself to delete them without documenting these special conversations. I hope they bring you as much joy as they bring me.

**It is pretty Addy heavy since Dax is back to school and spends less time at home, but he has a few gems thrown in as well. :)

Dax: Addy, are you scared of anything?
Addy: No, I can save the world!
Dax: Tell me what you're scared of!
Addy: I'm scared of clowns and witches.

Addy was eating a banana like a monkey. She was pushing the peel back up to cover the sides and I asked what she was doing. Her response, "I don't want it to be cold!"

Addy (whispering): We need to be quiet because Daddy is sleeping!
Me: No, he's at work.
Addy: Is he sleeping at work?

Addy: Knock knock!
Me: Who's there?
Addy: Cow
Me: Cow who?
Addy: I'm glad I didn't say banana!

Dax farted while Addy was ordering breakfast and her request came out, "mixed toot" instead of mixed fruit. Lots of giggles over here!

Addy (while eating lunch): Mommy, one of the Alexa prayers says feed all the hungry ones, but you are not feeding me!

Addy (while playing with a toy zoo): Do you want to see the horse?
Me: What kind of horse is it?
Addy: It's a 'llenium falcon one!

Dax still think Batman's password to get into the bat cave is "Ironman socks"

Addy just licked my cheek because we're cows and apparently that's how they kiss.

After singing I'm a Little Teapot together-
Addy: Tip me over and whore me out?!
Me: No, pour!
Addy: Oh, I thought you said whore me out.

If only I could document every moment with these two. Life is SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment