Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Cards

We got our first Christmas card in the mail yesterday!  That is one of my favorite parts about the Holidays - opening the mailbox to find cards and letters from good friends and family.  I truly love catching up on what has been happening with others throughout the year and enjoy reconnecting with them through their letters and kind thoughts.  Over the past several years I have gained a new respect for those who are on-the-ball enough to get these mailed every year...

When we first got married I was thrilled at the prospect of sending our own family Christmas card and letter.  It had been a big year with buying a house, celebrating at our wedding and honeymoon, and Jake applying to grad school.  We had plenty to share.  Then 2009 and 2010 came and went and all of our good intentions fell through.  Well, this year I was determined to restart this tradition for the Schulz's.  I forced Jake to take pictures, searched through SO many templates to find a card that fit us and tried to put the joy of our year onto paper.  So, we finally have a card in the mail again!  We hope that it brings a little holiday cheer to our family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment