Friday, August 10, 2012

Grown Up

"You look so grown up!" is what Dr. Oie said upon entering the exam room at Dax's 6 month well-check today. It confirmed that he truly is growing and changing quickly. Our long and lean little boy officially weighs 16 pounds 3 ounces (25th percentile), is 27 inches long (75th percentile) and has a head circumference of 17 3/4 inches (80th percentile). She was impressed with his stability when he was sitting up and laughed at his continuously growing hair - which I am still not ready to trim, much to Jake's dismay.

We didn't get a photo at the Dr., but this shows off his impressive sitting skills :)
He also got some more immunizations. Of course it was painful for him, but he calmed much more quickly than the previous two appointments. By the time I was done nursing him and we were ready to leave, Dax was playing with the bandaids and trying to take them off. I don't think it will ever be easy to see the little guy in pain at these appointments, but it is nice that each time is a bit easier than the last.

"You want a picture of my bandaids? But I want to play with my feet!"
Tweety bird doesn't help much when you're only 6 months old
In addition to getting Dax's 6 month stats, he did another grown-up thing this week - he went to daycare! I'll be back at school in a few weeks and that will be a big transition for our little man. Not only will he be spending a lot more time away from Mama, but he will also have a lot more noise and activity around him during the day! Thus, we wanted to give him a little taste and ensure that he was familiar with our provider, Denise, before he started going full-time. He spent about half the day there and it went well - much harder on me than him I think! The other little ones there LOVED "their baby", which was really sweet. Denise also texted me partway through with a photo of him doing some tummy time and he was even scooting a bit! It will be so good for him to spend time with older kids and I am confident that he will be loved and well taken care of while we are at work.

The photo she texted me - it definitely helped me stay away longer :)
Daycare wore him out so I got some snuggle time, which is more rare these days!

1 comment: