Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blessed

I mentioned in a previous post that Dax had been trying out daycare. Well, now it's the real thing. Our new reality. The approach of fall and back to school will be different for me from now on. I not only begin a new year of teaching, but I also must leave my little man after a summer with so much time spent together. While it was tough the first few days and is definitely sad to think that he spends more awake time away from us than with us during the week, we have been blessed in many ways and that is what we are trying to focus on...

1. Dax did not have to go to daycare until he was almost 7 months old! I am so grateful to love a job that allows me to have summers with my sweet little bug.

2. I really do love my job! As much as I was dreading leaving Dax, when the calendar turned to August and I started to anticipate the beginning of school I was excited to go back and meet my new kindergartners. Now that school has started, I am equally excited to see what this new year will bring and am truly happy to be teaching.

3. We LOVE Dax's daycare. Denise opens her home to 6 sweet, wild, funny, active, loving little boys (yep, all boys!) every day and we are so happy to have found her. She periodically sends pictures throughout the day, which make it so much easier to know he's doing well when I am thinking about him at work and all the other boys are so kind to Dax. He will learn so much from them and seems really happy when he is there. Yay!

Enjoying daycare
Having fun with some of his friends - doesn't he look big?!
In an ideal world I would be able to bring Dax to school with me. Since that can't happen, though, I can be content knowing that we have been truly blessed in our daycare situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment