Time is flying by! I cannot believe that I have been back to work 3 weeks already. As I said in the last post, my hope is to soak up as much Dax time as possible on the weekends. Our goal has been to just lay low and enjoy family time over those short two days away from work, but so far that is not working out. We are having too much fun to complain about being busy, though!
One of my students invited me to the Bloomington Heritage Days parade where she would be supporting her dad's company - KD Painting. I thought it would be pretty small and expected it to be lame, but thought Dax would still enjoy being outside and people watching. Boy was I wrong! It was a HUGE parade. We found the perfect shady spot right at the start. There were so many different groups involved and it was really fun to watch, but about an hour in, Dax was starting to show signs that he was done. We had to walk past those lined up to join the parade route on our way back to the car and it appeared that we had only seen half of the people involved at that point. It was way more impressive than I anticipated and may have to become an annual event for our family. This year we enjoyed a little bit of candy, waved at a few current and former students who ended up being part of it, and brought home a couple of new balls for Dax. I am glad that my kindergarten friend invited me!
 |
| Holding on tight to his beach ball. |
 |
| Thanks for the football KD Painting! |
Then we joined some of the Olsons to cheer for my cousin Nathan at the UMD vs. Concordia St. Paul football game. It was nice that he was playing in town because we had a great time! It was a complete blowout: 70-24 (UMD scored on EVERY possession) and Nathan made some big tackles. Dax again enjoyed the people watching and had fun seeing some of the family members that we don't see very often.
 |
| Playing with Grandpa |
 |
| One of UMD's smallest fans! |
No comments:
Post a Comment