Sunday, August 16, 2015

End of Summer

Ugh! Where has the time gone?! I am super energized about teaching going into this school year, but I'm still definitely bummed to be giving up my status as a full time mom. Dax will be going to preschool, Adelaide will be turning one in just a few short weeks, and I'm officially panicking as our little kids grow into not-so-little kids. Being a mom is not for the faint of heart in so many more ways than I ever imagined!

We have a few days left, but summer is slipping away fast. Here's a look at how we've been enjoying it...

A campfire at our house:


Painting with corn (a good friend of ours inspired us to try this fun tool for painting, but Dax was not interested in trying it because he thought it would be too messy. Addy was thrilled and even tried to take a few bites - oops!):


Visiting my new classroom to do a little work and playing on the school playground:


Shopping for school (luckily ABC Zone has some stuff to entertain Dax and Ads, too!):


Observing the demo at Grandma Caren and Grandpa Phil's house before they get their new driveway and patio:


Checking out the animals we rarely see at the Como Zoo:


Visiting Daddy for lunch at work:


A trip to the Red Barn Farm in Northfield for a yummy pizza lunch:


And more play time at home:


No comments:

Post a Comment