'Twas the night before preschool and in our abode,
Mommy was wondering, "When did Dax get so old?!"
We packed up his backpack with everything he would need,
On the first day of preschool that's not much indeed.
A family photo so we'd always be in sight,
And treats for his teachers to start the year off right.
We laid out some clothes though it was still night,
And then, "My excited PJ's!" Dax squealed with delight!
| "This is what I'll look like in my outfit tomorrow!" |
Though he didn't seem to need it, under his pillow we spread,
Some "ready confetti" before he laid his head.
For weeks we'd gotten ready, planned, and prepared.
Sometimes he was happy, sometimes he seemed scared.
But how would he feel now the first day was here?
"I'm so excited!" Dax said, while grinning ear to ear.
My heart skipped a beat, both with sadness and joy.
Tomorrow would be such a special day for our boy!
Dax woke up extra early; too excited to rest.
He thought that preschool was going to be the best!
When the classroom door opened, he stepped right in.
Moved his name stick, washed his hands, nothing could stop him.
Miss Jen helped Dax get settled in with a book,
And our sweet boy was off to preschool without a second look.
Though I shed a few tears as Addy and I walked away,
I couldn't be more proud of Dax on this important day!
No comments:
Post a Comment