Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mommy and Daxy's day of fun!

I had Martin Luther King day off from school and was thrilled to spend an extra day with my little man. Between cleaning for his upcoming birthday party and doing some schoolwork to prepare for sending home report cards, we had a boring morning. So, I spent time during one of his naps browsing my Pinterest board, "Fun with Baby" with the hopes of making our afternoon more exciting. As it turned out, we did not have what we needed for many of the fun activities (and were not going to venture out in the -20 something windchill!) so I improvised somewhat successfully...

First I made a water bottle more interesting by adding some oil and food coloring. Dax enjoyed crinkling the sides, shaking it around, and pretending to drink from the top. After a few minutes, though, he was done with it.


Next, I remembered that I had some easter eggs and that he loves making noise music so I filled them with some items from the kitchen to make different kinds of sounds. Again, he loved it for a short time, but preferred throwing them on the floor.


I was not ready to give up entertaining Dax with new things so I gave him some scrap pieces of the laminating that I had been cutting. It was probably the most interesting "toy" of the day, but still did not last long.


Eventually, I got less creative and fell back on Dax's old favorite - balls! He loved taking them out of the bag, spreading them around the room, throwing them, and, of course, eating them. Great end to a fun day off! (Notice in the video our big boy is walking and saying "ball"!

No comments:

Post a Comment