Saturday, January 12, 2013

Playdates

My girlfriends and I started a dinner club. Our husbands point out that we will find any excuse to hang out and make fun of us for calling it a club, but we are excited about the potential. Last night was our first meeting. We intended to try Maruso Street Food and Bar, but did not like the atmosphere and ended up at Union. It was great to have an evening out with the girls and we joked that we are getting old when our conversation turned to insurance and we were all tired and ready to go home to bed by 10:30. Several years ago our evening would have ended hours later with stamped hands and a cab ride to someone's house to sleep off the night. We also laughed at how happy we are to be over that stage and how funny it is that every part of life seems like the best when you are in it.

Funnily, I write this post after sleeping in because of my "late night" and my hand has the residue from a stamp. Not from a bar, but from The Blast in Eagan. Dax and I spent the afternoon playing with some friends from our old Mom and Baby class. While we discovered that the location was not ideal for little little ones, we had fun catching up and the babies loved exploring the area and getting in the way of all the older kids running around. I wonder if someday I'll be looking back at early parenthood and laugh at how I spent my Saturdays. For now, I am loving life.

The best attempt at a group shot - Ethan, Anora, Alex, and Dax
Our happy boy
Future gymnast?
If only we could understand their conversation

1 comment:

  1. I SO wish I could join in the dinner club! Sounds amazing. Miss you all!

    Dax does a pretty killer Downward Dog!

    ReplyDelete