Wednesday, September 3, 2014

38 Weeks

We will likely meet our little girl in less than two weeks. Crazy! I am to the point in pregnancy where strangers consistently ask when I'm due and often add something like, "I bet you're very ready!" Emotionally we have been eager to meet Baby Girl since we learned she was entering our lives (though if you read the last post, I am still fighting a little sadness about rocking Dax's world!), mentally we'll likely never be totally prepared for life with two, and physically we're getting there.

38 weeks - tired, a bit uncomfortable, but still happy and healthy!
We checked a few more things off the to-do list: the bassinet is clean and set up in our room, Dax's car seat no longer has prime middle real estate and her bases are in both cars, the car seat is clean and by the door, I got some little treats ready for the hospital staff who help us during our stay, the house is relatively clean and organized, we completed a few more things in the nursery, and I prepared 11 meals for our freezer to make it easy once we're home and tired. Whew! After a productive couple of weeks, the list is finally feeling short!

This week's doctor appointment was short and sweet. Her heartbeat was looking good at around 150, still dilated 1 cm (same as the last couple of weeks), and we are just waiting for the day she decides to make her arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment