Saturday, January 14, 2012

38 Weeks

We are within two weeks of Baby Schulz's expected arrival!  We have been counting down the weeks since May and are continuously getting more prepared, but at some point our little one is going to be saying, "Ready or not, here I come!"  Throughout the past week I have had so many comments about how it looks like I am ready to pop, or that people think baby has definitely dropped.  Then, at our 38 week appointment Dr. Princ predicted that Baby will be here within three weeks, but reiterated that there is no way to predict the actual arrival.  She said, "It could be in a couple weeks, it could be tonight.  It won't be, but it could."  Yikes!  If I wasn't sleeping well before, that thought sure didn't help.  We are thrilled about the arrival of our little peanut, but it's slightly unnerving not to really know when it will be.  Now when I wake up every couple of hours I not only do the typical trip to the bathroom and switch sides to try to find some comfort, but I also run through the to-do list in my head; finish report card grades, pack a bag for the hospital, enter reading assessment information into the district data site, wash the new clothes and blankets so they are ready for baby to use, get lesson plans ready, vacuum, etc...  Turns out nesting (both at home and at school!) is a real thing, even for this less-than-domestic mama. 

Whether or not everything is done, we are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our little munchkin.  I have two showers this weekend so stay tuned for an update on those festivities!

38 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment