Sunday, January 15, 2012

When it rains, it pours...

Okay, cheesy title for the post, but I really want to share the joy of this weekend of showers!  I know I have said it many times throughout this blog, but Jake and I are truly blessed.  On Saturday, Shannon (my sister) and Annie (my cousin/bff) threw a shower for me that encompassed both family and friends.  We played Baby Schulz Scattergories, answered trivia about me as a baby, tried to recognize baby pictures of all the guests, used ribbon to predict how big around I am now and did a baby food taste test in addition to eating yummy food and opening presents.  It was so fun!

Diaper cake!
Yummy punch
Measuring the belly
Who's who?
My good friend Trish signing the "guest book", The Giving Tree
Me with my incredible hosts
   
SOO much more ready for Baby Schulz's arrival!

Then, on Sunday, Jake's stepmother and two aunts hosted another shower for the other side of the family.  It was the third incredible shower for our sweet baby.  The food was delicious and we also played some fun games - who knows Jake and Kristin best and guess the important person on your back by asking only yes or no questions.  It was a blast! 

Myrna, Bethe, Amy, and Mary
Sisters-in-law
Great-great-grandma Nora "meeting" Baby Schulz
The awesome hosts - Mia, Mary, and Cindy
   
Our sweet baby is so loved already!
We are so thankful for all of the incredible people we have in our lives!  It was a fun weekend and I am so happy to have had the opportunity to see great friends and family who we do not see nearly often enough.  Thank you to everyone who helped plan, opened their home to guests, attended the showers, and gave gifts to Baby Schulz.  We love all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment