Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Baby Shower

I had my first baby shower yesterday!  My wonderful work family threw a beautiful shower for the other two pregnant first grade teachers and me.  We had yummy food, great conversation, good advice, and time with the newest Westwood mommies and their babies.  We also opened gifts and the generosity of my coworkers was overwhelming.  It has been hard for me not to just buy a bunch of the stuff from our registry - I like to plan ahead and waiting this long to get prepared for baby is killing me!  However, after yesterday I already feel infinitely more ready.  Thank you to everyone who planned, contributed, and attended the shower!  It was perfect. 

Me, Kristen, and Sara - the Moms-to-be

New photo of the Westwood Mommies - with our newly added pregnant friend Kelsey (due May) and the first two babies, Cara and Averi (see the "before" picture here)

Our wonderful hosts: Sue, Julia, and Marcy

Wow!  We are so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment