Saturday, January 28, 2012

Foreshadowing?

Well, baby is overdue :( 

Throughout this pregnancy I have continuously been thankful for the amazing experience I have had.  I have very few complaints and was lucky to dodge many of the typical discomforts that haunt many pregnant women.  The past couple of weeks, I have become much less comfortable and by the end of a day of teaching I am thinking, "it has to be tonight."  Jake and I have always been prompt people and, while early on in the pregnancy we predicted baby would be late, recently I have been wishfully thinking our little bundle would follow Mommy and Daddy's lead and join us no later than the due date of January 27.  No such luck.  Maybe he or she is preparing us for the much less predictable, significantly more complicated life that we are about to embark upon as parents.

For now, we're playing the waiting game.  I am slightly more dilated (yay for progress!) and we are scheduled to be induced on Friday if he or she hasn't made their appearance before then (the end is in sight!).  So even though I don't have a sweet little baby to snuggle yet, I am feeling a bit less stressed about waiting and Jake and I are trying to enjoy our last moments/days as DINKs.  (Had to throw in an economics term for my honey)

39 Weeks

40 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment