I love my friends! I am so blessed to be surrounded with amazing people and truly cherish all of those wonderful people in my life: childhood friends, high school friends, college friends, teacher friends, family friends. I am very lucky and, even though I don't see any of these friends as much as I would like to, I know that I can always count on them and hope that they also know how much I care about them and value their friendships.
I hope that Dax also has the opportunity to grow up with close friends that will be there for him. He seems to already have a great start...
As I have mentioned before, shortly after Dax was born we joined a Mom and Baby class. Most of the mamas went back to work, which made it harder to get together, but I truly think that we will stay connected and that the babes can maintain the special bond of "first friends". Last week Dax and I went for a walk with Krista & Alex and Rosalie & Anora and it was so fun to see them again!
Of course, Dax also has friends at Mommy's school. We hope to spend lots of time together over summer break both for the babies' social benefit and for the mamas' mental health! We had our first play date the first week of break and it was wonderful. It was low-key with great conversation and more cuteness than should be allowed in one room...
 |
| Dax, Bellamy, and David. I can't decide if Dax is taking pointers from David or if he is wondering why another boy is making the moves on one of his ladies :) |
 |
| All the babes: Evie, David, Bellamy, Dax, Kara, and Averi |
Jake and I also have several friends who have had babies recently and it is fun to share in the experience together. We are thrilled that Dax might grow up being good friends with some of our good friends' kids!
 |
| Anora and Dax (I guess Dax does need those pointers from David as moments after this picture he tried to eat her sweet little hand!) |
 |
| Claire, Dax, and Asher |
Dax and I are looking forward to sharing our summer with all of these special friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment