Jake was a guest author yesterday for Father's Day, but I can't let this special day slip through the cracks without posting about Dax's amazing daddy, too...
Obviously Father's Day has a different meaning this year as parents. It was fun to go shopping for Jake with this new role in mind. Dax got him some board books that they can read together and I made a date jar (inspired by pinterest of course!) that will help us to guarantee some time together as a couple rather than just being parents. Nothing could possibly have done enough to show how much we appreciate him, though.
I have always known that Jake would be a great dad, but I could not be more proud to be navigating parenthood with him. Not only was he willing to work from home part time when I went back to teaching, but he was also an incredible caregiver to Dax during that time. It was so fun to come home and hear about their days together and I don't think it could have been a better experience for either of them. I am so grateful that God entrusted me to be Dax's mom, but I am equally blessed to have Jake as his dad. He is a nurturing, playful, attentive, thoughtful, funny, outstanding daddy. Dax and I are very lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment