There is something special about a snow day. Maybe it's the element of surprise, maybe it's the midweek day at home, maybe it's the magic of all the snow, or maybe a combination. Whatever the reason, it is impossible not to feel joy in the moment it is announced. Today I found out by a phone call as I was getting Dax ready for daycare. Wahoo! A day with Dax was exactly what I needed. We had an awesome day...
We played with colored vinegar and baking soda. Dax was surprised by the fizz it made and enjoyed watching what happened every time.
.JPG) |
| Changing it up and putting baking soda in the vinegar to watch it bubble |
Then we had some more sensory time with a bowl of water. He sat for a full 30+ minutes exploring the water. If you have/know/have ever known a toddler, you know how incredible that is!
I figured I'd take advantage of his interest and sweep the kitchen and dining room floors. Silly Mommy thinking I could do anything without catching his attention.
During his afternoon nap I spent the time preparing some fun felt games for the little man. My hope is that they can keep him entertained and quiet during church.
.JPG) |
| A pond to add fishies, sand and plants, a garden to add flowers, a plate with removable food, and butterflies with interchangeable wings |
At the end of the day, we ventured outside to work on shoveling the driveway and get some fresh air. Dax toddled around on the driveway, spent time in his sled, sat and watched Mommy, and enjoyed the snow.
 |
| Silly boy fell over and was still loving life! |
 |
| It looked like he was trying to catch snowflakes on his tongue! |
Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of time! I am so grateful to have had this day with my sweet, curious, happy little boy.
.JPG) |
| I just couldn't resist adding this photo, too! |
No comments:
Post a Comment