Dax and I had a special date this weekend. I get updates regularly from
Stages Theatre since I have planned many kindergarten field trips there. When I saw that they were doing a play with songs inspired by the Okee Dokee Brothers it seemed like the perfect play for Dax.
A little over a year ago we brought him to a middle school play to introduce him to the idea of drama, but his toddler attention span barely made it to intermission. I was fairly certain this would be a better experience and was excited to spend a little time with my sweet boy. Dax wasn't sure what to expect and said multiple times leading up to it that he did not want to go. As we headed out the door, though, he seemed excited.
.JPG) |
| My sweet little boy ready to see The Little Mermaid last spring |
We were running a bit late (parenthood can put a major damper on punctuality!), but arrived just in time. Dax was on an aisle so he had a great view and it was so fun to see him immediately enthralled with the set. His eyes never left the stage. He got excited each time a new animal entered the scene and sat perfectly through the show. Though they changed most of the words, it was fun to recognize a lot of familiar Okee Dokee Brothers songs. It was a really great performance!
.jpg) |
| Ready for the play to start |
After the play was over, the actors were all available outside the theatre. Dax wanted to have them sign his program like he saw them doing for other people so we got in line. He stared intently at each performer, but refused to answer any of their questions and after only seeing a few of them asked if we could leave. I think he was overwhelmed with the experience. (Ignore the bad pictures, my phone doesn't do the best job and I had forgotten our camera)
We ended our date with dinner at a restaurant. He requested his favorite restaurant,
Jensens Cafe, but since it was closed, we settled for breakfast for dinner from Perkins. Dax was entertaining, sweet, and the perfect date. I was so thankful to have a fun night out with my favorite boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment