Is it possible? Is our little Dax really 3 months old?! You can expect that every month I will comment that time is flying and that I am both excited for each new stage of our little man and sad that he is growing SO FAST. This month, however, is especially bittersweet because I go back to work tomorrow to finish out this school year. I never thought it would sneak up on me this quickly, but am so grateful for all of the time I have had with my sweet boy. Every moment has been wonderful and he has changed so much throughout these first months of his life.
Changes over the past month include social smiling (I know I mentioned this in his 2 month post and he was smiling then, but now he smiles so often and his face completely lights up!),
Playing with his hands constantly...
Imitating some of the things we do (make sure you turn the volume up for this video)...
Successful tummy time (Dax still doesn't love it, especially when he gets tired, but he is getting WAY better at holding his head up)...
 |
| Hard to get a good picture of tummy time because he's so wiggly! |
Practices sitting up (He got a Bumbo and is still a little too wobbly to use it independently, but he's pretty cute when he tries it out!)...
 |
| Not too sure about this new toy |
And the biggest new development is in his naps. Jake will be working from home part of the time when I am back at school and we wanted to ensure that he will have some time to actually work so a couple weeks ago Dax started napping in his crib... sort of. It was slightly traumatic for both Mommy and Dax to transition from snuggling during naps to being completely separated. Even as it got easier for him to fall asleep, he would take the shortest little catnaps and was overly tired all the time. I almost gave up and left it for Daddy to figure out when he was home and, voila! Dax figured it out. All of a sudden he seems to prefer his crib and sleeps so much better there! Thank goodness for small miracles :)
So, we have had another big month for his development and schedule. Now I am really hoping he will just stop changing for the next 6 weeks so I don't miss anything!
Check out his growth:
 |
| 3 Months |
No comments:
Post a Comment