It is interesting to be celebrating Easter as a parent. Of course there is the commercial side - we debated about getting Dax a basket to start the tradition, but held off this year (Mom and Dad didn't need more candy!). But the real difference is in my perspective of Jesus' resurrection. As I reflected on the familiar story, it was a bit overwhelming to think about.
It has always been amazing to think that God gave his only son to the world knowing that Jesus would be crucified and spend time in hell. Now, though, I am completely in awe. It is devastating to me when Dax is crying because of gas bubbles. I cannot imagine the heartbreak of sending your child to die a painful death. That is how much God loves us. Incredible.
In that great sacrifice, we were given the opportunity for eternal life in heaven. Again, that has always been an awesome thought. Now eternal life in heaven has new meaning. I recently read the book Heaven is For Real by Todd Burpo. It details a little boy's perspective of his time spent in heaven after being resuscitated during emergency surgery. Who knows what heaven will really be like, but the book paints a beautiful picture and solidified my own thought that we will get to see loved ones when we get there. Now, my circle of loved ones includes Dax. It is pure joy to know that, thanks to Jesus' death on the cross and subsequent resurrection, I will get to spend eternity with my little boy. Now that's truly heaven.
| Ready for church :) |
He is risen, indeed! Alleluia!
Happy Easter!
ReplyDelete