Monday, April 16, 2012

Who knew?

Who knew movies were so cheap during the day?! I guess it's technically common knowledge that matinees are cheaper, but who goes to movies during the day to be able to take advantage of that? As it turns out, moms on maternity leave!

Who knew you could take a baby to a movie?! Yep, that's right, Dax saw his first movie! Well, technically, Dax had his first theater experience - he didn't get to see much of the movie :)  One of my new mommy friends invited us to go with her other mom and baby group to see "Friends with Kids" at Southdale AMC. I know what you're thinking; thank goodness you weren't another movie-goer in that theater! Well, you're wrong. The rest of the people didn't even know we were there! How is that possible with 12 babies involved, you ask? We rented one of the VIP rooms (another hidden treasure that I learned about thanks to mommyhood)! We bought tickets as usual, but instead of entering the theater, we headed upstairs, through the attached party room (next time we'll have to think about bringing snacks) and into the viewing room. It was equipped with 19 plush leather recliners and the volume was not quite as overwhelming as in the theater. Perfect for a movie with a baby.

Who knew babies changed life so much?! Okay, this one is also common knowledge and something Jake and I learned very quickly after bringing Dax home from the hospital, but it was apparent again today at the movie. He was asleep when we got there and the beginning of the movie was pure heaven. Shortly after it started, though, the pediatrician returned a call I had placed earlier in the day. Everything was fine, but it was a call I had to take so me and Dax headed back into the attached party room to chat. Meanwhile, the lights out there woke the little man and we were unable to return to our seat without some dancing, shushing, and snuggles. He calmed down, we settled in, reclined the chair, I rearranged him a bit, and WOAH! his pants were soaking wet. Another detour into the party room to change his diaper. He was then wide awake and continued to fuss as we returned to our seats once again. I guess it was time to eat! Screw the cover in a dim room filled with new moms. Dax ate, I tried to stay as covered as possible, and the movie continued. As it turned out, the movie was good, Dax slept through most of it (despite how it appears here), and all 12 moms survived their first movie out with the babes. Success!

Rosalie and Anora, Me and Dax, and Sarah and Isaac enjoying our cushy seats at the movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment