We had several big events this week...
At the pediatrician last week we were told that we should move Dax into the crib. As he is becoming more aware, he would get used to the bassinet and then we would have a hard time moving him later. I am used to just staring at him as I fall asleep, soothing him while laying in bed, and picking him up and snuggling him without getting up when he starts to stir in the morning so it was definitely a transition. But, it was probably harder for Mama than Dax. He went to bed easily and slept even better than he had been. Yay Dax!
 |
| So tiny in his big crib! |
Then, we had our last Mom and Baby class on Monday. It has been such a blessing to share this time with other new moms who have similar joys and challenges. We have also gone on outings together to have moral support while practicing normal life as a parent. I am confident that we will stay connected even without the scheduled meetings and hope that Dax can continue to build friendships with all the other babies.
 |
| Krista and Alex, Jen and Ethan, Me and Dax, Katie and Mark, Becky and Ben, Rosalie and Anora, Sarah and Isaac, Rachel and Andrew |
On Friday Jake and I had a date night. While I have gone on short trips to the store without Dax, this was the first longer period of time with a babysitter. My parents came over to watch him while Jake and I went to the Guster acoustic concert. Early in the day I started to think about someone else putting him to bed and got really sad, but then I decided to focus on looking forward to the concert rather than thinking about leaving Dax and it was much easier. We had dinner at home, then said goodbye, and headed downtown. Jeff Garlin opened for Guster so it was a comedy show and concert. It was awesome! Jeff Garlin was really funny and Guster was amazing as always. It was an acoustic show so it was different than other times we have seen them and they had some really incredible performances throughout the evening. Totally worth leaving the little man!
 |
| Saying goodbye to our sweet little boy |
 |
| Date night! |
 |
| Guster! |
No comments:
Post a Comment